Software Engineer with zero to three years of proven experience in the analysis, design, construction and delivery of custom software-based solutions. This level Software Engineer is a team member responsible for implementation efforts on client engagements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Makes every effort possible to execute and to complete assigned projects within the constraints of time, scope and budget for the project
- Participates in the development and delivery of client solutions by estimating, planning, designing, implementing and testing custom software applications built on Microsoft technologies
- Understands, analyzes and documents client technical environments and business requirements
- Exercises creativity and resourcefulness in solving technical problems in a way that maximizes client value
Technology and Software Engineering
- Possesses technical skills in technologies that support our primary project types
- Practices solid software engineering disciplines (e.g. Test Driven Development, Configuration Management and Coding Practices)
- Revises ThreeWill methodology standards with new and improved practices
Other Responsibilities include:
- Representing ThreeWill values to other associates and clients (see ThreeWill value statement)
- Sharing knowledge with others (e.g. updates to ThreeWill knowledge repositories, internal/external presentations and postings to public blogs)
- Writing technical articles that are published on ThreeWill sites and/or for technical publications
ThreeWill associates are all expected to solve problems, quickly learn new technologies and have a firm understanding of the categories below. The following list of technologies, tools, are not exhaustive, but should be representative of your skillset if seeking employment with ThreeWill. Expert level experience in all categories or items below is not required. Expertise varies by job description, but understanding and experience with each of the categories below is required:
Development Tools / IDE’s: Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Browser Dev Tools (IE & Chrome), SharePoint Designer, Fiddler, Charles, WireShark
Source Control: Visual Studio Team Services, Github, BitBucket, Subversion
Application Types: ASP.NET MVC, Web API, Office Addins, SharePoint Addins, Provider Hosted Applications, WebForms, SharePoint Solutions, SharePoint Feature Framework, Workflow
Frameworks and Libraries: JQuery, NodeJS/NPM, AngularJS (1.x), KnockoutJS, Backbone, Ember, React, Bootstrap, Foundation, Office UI Fabric, Material, Gulp, Grunt, JSLint, Mocha, Chai, Karma, Protractor, Selenium, Nintex, K2
Security and Protocols: NTLM, SAML, OAuth, SOAP, WCF, HTTP/S, TCP/IP, SMTP, REST
Cloud Platforms: Azure, Google Cloud, AWS, Salesforce /Force.com, Heroku, Cloud 9
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 R2+, Mac OSX, Linux
Database and Storage Technologies: SQL Server, Azure Storage (various), AWS Storage (various) , MongoDB, PostgreSQL
Process: Scrum, XP, User Stories
Microsoft – MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCSD, MCSE
Project Management – PMP, CAPM, CSM, CSPO
- Ability to work independently with customers, proactive, self starter, and self managed
- Solicitation and elicitation of customer needs and requirements
- Selling, persuasion and negotiation
- Software development methodologies
- Industry experience in Professional Services, Healthcare, Financial Services and Telecommunications is beneficial
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent and zero to three years relevant project experience is required. Alternatively, equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- We are ranked in the top 5% of Microsoft partners based on four independent surveys.
- We have built over ten connectors for SharePoint for over twelve software firms including Atlassian, Jive, and Salesforce.
- We are a Microsoft Partner with Gold Application Development and Gold Collaboration & Content competencies.
- We are a Salesforce Product Development Partner.
- Established in 2001, we are based out of Alpharetta, Georgia (the Technology City of the South).
- All our consultants are Microsoft certified (many at the highest level), and each has an average of over ten years of Microsoft development and/or product development experience.
- We have been a part of one of the largest enterprise implementations of SharePoint (over 250K users).
- We have published books, articles, and have produced materials for Microsoft on technologies such as SharePoint, ASP.NET, C#, Office Development, and InfoPath.
- Our focus is not just technology, but also project management and effective and agile processes that ensure predictable results.