Software engineer needed with more than 10 years of proven experience in the analysis, design, construction and delivery of custom software-based solutions. This level of software engineer is responsible for assisting the company by providing technology direction and leadership as it pertains to ThreeWill’s core business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Makes every effort possible to execute and to complete assigned projects within the constraints of time, scope and budget for the project
- Mentors and communicates effectively with both client and associates about how to make proper technical decisions on projects
- Provides leadership and participates in the development and delivery of client solutions by estimating, planning, designing, implementing and testing custom software applications built on Microsoft technologies
- Understands, analyzes and documents client technical environments and business requirements
- Exercises creativity and resourcefulness in solving technical problems in a way that maximizes client value
- Determines technology choices and ensures proper software engineering practices are in place for projects
Technology and Software Engineering
- Provides technical leadership in technologies that support our primary project types through mentoring, educating, supporting projects and supporting business development activities for that technology
- Mentors and educates others on software engineering disciplines (e.g. test-driven development, configuration management and coding practices)
- Performs technology/tool evaluations and software technical proof of concepts
- Educates clients on the value of software engineering disciplines
- Revises ThreeWill methodology standards with new and improved practices
- Works with Microsoft and other key partners to determine proper technology choices for the solutions provided by ThreeWill
Other responsibilities include:
- Assists in recruitment, which includes drawing upon relationships and experience to recommend qualified candidates, interviewing candidates and preparing hiring recommendations
- Represents ThreeWill values to other associates and clients (see ThreeWill value statement)
- Sponsors others, which includes mentoring and supporting others through performance evaluations, professional development plans and other ways to grow individuals at ThreeWill
- Shares knowledge with others (e.g. updates to ThreeWill knowledge repositories, internal/external presentations and postings to public blogs)
- Supports key business development events (e.g. speakers at seminars and conferences), provides technology road maps and assists in estimation and work breakdown structures
- Conducts IT and industry research to assist delivery management with assessing trends, opportunities and threats
- Possesses the ability to write technical articles that are published on ThreeWill sites and/or for technical publications
- Maintains the ability to serve as project lead on client engagements
ThreeWill associates are all expected to solve problems, quickly learn new technologies and have a firm understanding of the categories below. The following list of technologies, tools, are not exhaustive, but should be representative of your skillset if seeking employment with ThreeWill. Expert level experience in all categories or items below is not required. Expertise varies by job description, but understanding and experience with each of the categories below is required:
Development Tools / IDE’s: Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Browser Dev Tools (IE & Chrome), SharePoint Designer, Fiddler, Charles, WireShark
Source Control: Visual Studio Team Services, Github, BitBucket, Subversion
Application Types: ASP.NET MVC, Web API, Office Addins, SharePoint Addins, Provider Hosted Applications, WebForms, SharePoint Solutions, SharePoint Feature Framework, Workflow
Frameworks and Libraries: JQuery, NodeJS/NPM, AngularJS (1.x), KnockoutJS, Backbone, Ember, React, Bootstrap, Foundation, Office UI Fabric, Material, Gulp, Grunt, JSLint, Mocha, Chai, Karma, Protractor, Selenium, Nintex, K2
Security and Protocols: NTLM, SAML, OAuth, SOAP, WCF, HTTP/S, TCP/IP, SMTP, REST
Cloud Platforms: Azure, Google Cloud, AWS, Salesforce /Force.com, Heroku, Cloud 9
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 R2+, Mac OSX, Linux
Database and Storage Technologies: SQL Server, Azure Storage (various), AWS Storage (various) , MongoDB, PostgreSQL
Process: Scrum, XP, User Stories
Microsoft – MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCSD, MCSE
Project Management – PMP, CAPM, CSM, CSPO
- Retains background in application integration
- Has the ability to work independently with customers, proactive, self-starter and self-managed
- Has the ability to solicit and elicit customer needs and requirements
- Possesses skills in selling, persuasion and negotiation
- Maintains project management and software development methodologies
- Possesses beneficial industry experience in professional services, healthcare, financial services and telecommunications
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent and 10 or more years relevant project experience is required. Alternatively, equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- We are ranked in the top 5% of Microsoft partners based on four independent surveys.
- We have built over ten connectors for SharePoint for over twelve software firms including Atlassian, Jive, and Salesforce.
- We are a Microsoft Partner with Gold Application Development and Gold Collaboration & Content competencies.
- We are a Salesforce Product Development Partner.
- Established in 2001, we are based out of Alpharetta, Georgia (the Technology City of the South).
- All our consultants are Microsoft certified (many at the highest level), and each has an average of over ten years of Microsoft development and/or product development experience.
- We have been a part of one of the largest enterprise implementations of SharePoint (over 250K users).
- We have published books, articles, and have produced materials for Microsoft on technologies such as SharePoint, ASP.NET, C#, Office Development, and InfoPath.
- Our focus is not just technology, but also project management and effective and agile processes that ensure predictable results.