Scrum Master with over 3 years of proven Scrum project experience in leading the delivery of custom software based solutions to Enterprise customers using the Agile Scrum Methodology. This Scrum Master is responsible for leading 1-3 client engagements, along with assisting in the expansion of existing business with ThreeWill clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Facilitates Scrum projects as a servant-leader to help teams effectively leverage Scrum on ThreeWill projects (e.g. leads through influencing vs. command and control)
- Creates and facilitates Sprint plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements in a collaborative way
- Identifies resources needed and coordinates with Delivery leadership to ensure an effective team is in place
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope along with finding opportunities for improvements in implementing Scrum on client projects
- Reviews key deliverables prepared by the team before passing to client
- Effectively applies Scrum methodology as a servant-leader and facilitator of the Scrum process
- Minimizes our exposure and risk on project through timely and effective communication of project risks
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Tracks and reports project accomplishments, plans and budget (team hours and expenses) on a weekly basis
- Manages project budget to best accomplish the scope and timeline of their team’s projects
- Leverages Scrum Sprint Burndown to make the team aware of their progress against Sprint commitments and Product Release Burndown to make the client aware of team progress against project commitments (using story points)
- Responsible for healthy day-to-day interaction between the client and the team
- Ensures the team is properly setting and managing client expectations
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Builds a knowledge base of each client’s business, organization and objectives
Understands, applies, and supports the proper use of Scrum
- Ensures that teams are practicing the core principals of Scrum
- Mentors other associates to ensure adoption of Scrum practices that ThreeWill teams have leveraged as proven project practices
- Protects the team from impediments (internal and external to the project)
- Educates customers on the value of leveraging Scrum and what their role is in the processes that ensure a successful project
- Suggests and implements improvements to practices that allow Scrum to more effectively deliver Client projects
- Collaborates with client and team to plan release and product/project roadmaps
- Responsible for ensuring that the project team captures knowledge of the engagement (Lessons Learned) for future use on ThreeWill projects to increase quality and value of future engagements
- Identifies business development and “add-on” sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project
- Supports proposal efforts including completing project scoping and Level of Effort (LOE) assessments
- Effectively conveys our message in both written and verbal business development discussions
- Assisting and making recommendations for client account planning with the following:
- Preparing and delivering presentations, proposals, and project approaches
- Estimation and product backlog for work orders
Other Responsibilities include:
- Assists in recruitment, which includes drawing upon relationships and experience to recommend qualified candidates, interviewing candidates and preparing hiring recommendations
- Represents ThreeWill values to other associates and clients (see http://threewill.com/company/our-culture for ThreeWill values)
- Sponsors others, which includes mentoring and supporting others through performance evaluations, professional development plans, and other ways to grow individuals at ThreeWill
- Shares knowledge with others (e.g. updates to ThreeWill knowledge repositories, internal/external presentations, and postings to public blogs)
- Ability to write Scrum Practice articles that are published on ThreeWill sites and/or for technical publications
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements
- Good to excellent understanding of Microsoft Technologies, in particular, SharePoint, Azure and Office Technologies
- Excellent written, verbal, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Solid command of Microsoft SharePoint, Azure and Microsoft Office software packages, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in custom software development
Other Non-Technical and Beneficial Skills/ Certifications:
- Micrsoft Certifications – MCPD, MCP, MCDBA, MCSD, MCSE, MCAD, MOS
- Project Management Certifications – PMP, CAPM. PMI-ACP
- Agile Scrum Certifications – CSM, CSPO, CSP, CSC, CST
- Experience implementing custom solutions to Enterprise customers
- Ability to work independently with clients, proactive, self-starter, and self-managed
- Excellent people skills and strong work ethic
- Flexible approach that enables individual to work effectively in a dynamic, evolving work environment
- Solicitation and elicitation of client needs and requirements
- Selling, persuasion, and negotiation
- Commitment and passion for Customer Service and Success
- Project Management and Software Development Methodologies, especially Agile SCRUM
- Industry experience in Professional Services, Healthcare, Financial Services and Telecommunications is beneficial
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or equivalent and five to ten years of relevant project experience is required. Alternatively, an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- We are ranked in the top 5% of Microsoft partners based on four independent surveys.
- We have built over ten connectors for SharePoint for over twelve software firms including Atlassian, Jive, and Salesforce.
- We are a Microsoft Partner with Gold Application Development and Gold Collaboration & Content competencies.
- We are a Salesforce Product Development Partner.
- Established in 2001, we are based out of Alpharetta, Georgia (the Technology City of the South).
- All our consultants are Microsoft certified (many at the highest level), and each has an average of over ten years of Microsoft development and/or product development experience.
- We have been a part of one of the largest enterprise implementations of SharePoint (over 250K users).
- We have published books, articles, and have produced materials for Microsoft on technologies such as SharePoint, ASP.NET, C#, Office Development, and InfoPath.
- Our focus is not just technology, but also project management and effective and agile processes that ensure predictable results.