Consultant needed with more than 5 years of proven software consulting experience in the analysis, design, scheduling, construction and delivery of custom software-based solutions. This consultant is responsible for leadership in client engagements, along with improving project practices and supporting business development activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
Engagement Delivery and Management
- Makes every effort possible to execute and to complete assigned projects within the constraints of time, scope and budget for the project
- Exercises creativity and resourcefulness in meeting client needs (including prototypes and proof of concepts that best fit the client’s needs)
- Obtains an understanding of client’s business processes (modifying and developing new processes required to support adoption and use of the software developed for the client)
- Reports to client and ThreeWill consulting management, occasionally, relative to the status of the project during engagement (accomplishments, plans and risk mitigation)
- Leads, occasionally, in the preparation of their assigned engagements (i.e. setting up the project for success)
- Understands, applies and supports the proper use of ThreeWill methodology standards
- Educates customers on the value of ThreeWill methodology standards and the client’s role in the processes that ensure a successful project
- Revises ThreeWill methodology standards with new and improved practices
- Ensures that the team captures knowledge of the engagement for future use on ThreeWill projects to increase quality and value of future engagements
- Supports opportunity identification and development in existing accounts
- Supports key business development events (e.g. speakers at seminars and conferences)
- Assists and makes recommendations for client account planning with the following:
- Preparing and delivering presentations, proposals and project approaches
- Estimates work breakdown structure for work orders
Other responsibilities include:
- Assists in recruitment, occasionally, which includes drawing upon relationships and experience to recommend qualified candidates, interviewing consulting staff candidates and preparing hiring recommendations
- Represents ThreeWill values to other associates and clients (see ThreeWill value statement)
- Shares knowledge with others (e.g. updates to ThreeWill knowledge repositories, internal/external presentations, and postings to public blogs)
- Possesses the ability to write technical articles that are published on ThreeWill sites and/or for technical publications
ThreeWill associates are all expected to solve problems, quickly learn new technologies and have a firm understanding of the categories below. The following list of technologies, tools, are not exhaustive, but should be representative of your skillset if seeking employment with ThreeWill. Expert level experience in all categories or items below is not required. Expertise varies by job description, but understanding and experience with each of the categories below is required:
Development Tools / IDE’s: Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Browser Dev Tools (IE & Chrome), SharePoint Designer, Fiddler, Charles, WireShark
Source Control: Visual Studio Team Services, Github, BitBucket, Subversion
Application Types: ASP.NET MVC, Web API, Office Addins, SharePoint Addins, Provider Hosted Applications, WebForms, SharePoint Solutions, SharePoint Feature Framework, Workflow
Frameworks and Libraries: JQuery, NodeJS/NPM, AngularJS (1.x), KnockoutJS, Backbone, Ember, React, Bootstrap, Foundation, Office UI Fabric, Material, Gulp, Grunt, JSLint, Mocha, Chai, Karma, Protractor, Selenium, Nintex, K2
Security and Protocols: NTLM, SAML, OAuth, SOAP, WCF, HTTP/S, TCP/IP, SMTP, REST
Cloud Platforms: Azure, Google Cloud, AWS, Salesforce /Force.com, Heroku, Cloud 9
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 R2+, Mac OSX, Linux
Database and Storage Technologies: SQL Server, Azure Storage (various), AWS Storage (various) , MongoDB, PostgreSQL
Process: Scrum, XP, User Stories
Microsoft – MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCSD, MCSE
Project Management – PMP, CAPM, CSM, CSPO
- Possesses strong understanding of business process management
- Retains background in application integration
- Has the ability to work independently with clients, proactive, self-starter and self-managed
- Has the ability to solicit and elicit client needs and requirements
- Possesses skills in selling, persuasion and negotiation
- Maintains project management and software development methodologies
- Possesses beneficial industry experience in healthcare, professional services, financial services and telecommunications
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent and five to 10 years relevant project experience is required. Alternatively, equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- We are ranked in the top 5% of Microsoft partners based on four independent surveys.
- We have built over ten connectors for SharePoint for over twelve software firms including Atlassian, Jive, and Salesforce.
- We are a Microsoft Partner with Gold Application Development and Gold Collaboration & Content competencies.
- We are a Salesforce Product Development Partner.
- Established in 2001, we are based out of Alpharetta, Georgia (the Technology City of the South).
- All our consultants are Microsoft certified (many at the highest level), and each has an average of over ten years of Microsoft development and/or product development experience.
- We have been a part of one of the largest enterprise implementations of SharePoint (over 250K users).
- We have published books, articles, and have produced materials for Microsoft on technologies such as SharePoint, ASP.NET, C#, Office Development, and InfoPath.
- Our focus is not just technology, but also project management and effective and agile processes that ensure predictable results.