User Experience Software Engineer with over 5 years of proven experience in the analysis, design, construction and delivery of custom software based solutions with a focus on web and mobile platform user experience development. A Senior UX Software Engineer has a passion for interaction design, responsive design, engineering and implementation of effective solutions across web, mobile, tablet and desktop platforms and a proven track record of delivering value through these solutions.
Education and/or Experience
A degree in Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, User Experience Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent and three to seven years relevant project experience is required. Alternatively, equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Engagement Delivery
- Makes every effort possible to execute and complete assigned projects within the constraints of time, scope, and budget for the project
- Effectively communicates the details that support technical decisions made on projects to both clients and associates
- Provides leadership and participates in the development and delivery of client solutions by estimating, planning, designing, implementing, and testing custom software applications
- Understands, analyzes, and documents client technical environments and business requirements
- Exercises creativity and resourcefulness in solving technical problems in a way that maximizes client value
- Familiarity with, and ability to direct delivery of, design-focused deliverables in projects (comps, style guides, etc.)
- Provides expert advice, guidance and recommendations to senior managers and consultants to resolve UX design and implementation challenges across client projects
- Technology and Software Engineering
- Has technical expertise in Technologies that support our primary project types (see http://threewill.com/WhatWeDo/TypesOfProjects)
- Leads the creation of User Experience, design and creative transformation for projects with a focus on solution usability
- Educates others on user interaction and design disciplines (principles and best practices)
- Creates wireframe and high fidelity proof of concepts and prototypes of user interfaces for products and services
- Educates clients on the value of user interface design
- Contributes to the revisions of ThreeWill methodology standards with new and improved practices
- Other responsibilities may include:
- Represents ThreeWill values to other associates and clients (see http://threewill.com/People for ThreeWill value statement)
- Shares knowledge with others (e.g. updates to ThreeWill knowledge repositories, internal/external presentations, and postings to public blogs)
- Supports key Business Development events (e.g. speakers at seminars and conferences)
- Ability to write technical articles that are published on ThreeWill sites and/or for technical published on ThreeWill sites and/or for technical publications
- Ability to serve as project lead on client engagements
- In some cases, assist in recruitment, which includes drawing upon relationships and experience to recommend qualified candidates, interviewing consulting staff candidates and preparing hiring recommendations
Candidates should have basic functional knowledge of the following, while exceptional candidates will exhibit thought leadership and / or have exemplary community reputation:
- Knowledge of user experience design processes including heuristic evaluations and usability testing
- Wireframe applications – Axxure, iRise, Adobe Creative Suite, Balsamiq, Gliffy, MockFlow, Microsoft Office (Visio) or similar tools and techniques.
- Export knowledge of SEO best practices, web site performance optimization and tuning techniques
- Knowledge of the web development and deployment process for medium to large-scale enterprise projects
- Experience in enterprise-level web and application development, implementation, deployment and performance optimization
- Experience with and OO design principles and best practices using Microsoft solution frameworks and development tools (C#, ASP.NET, MVC, or LAMP stack equivalents).
- Knowledge of cloud computing and distributed environment (Azure, EC3, Amazon, etc.) development best practices
- Ability to work independently with customers, proactive, self starter, and self managed
- Ability to elicit customer needs and requirements through focus groups and individual discussion
- Ability to deliver in fast-paced team environment (frequent tight deadlines, multitasking, etc.).
- Strong customer orientation.
- Selling, persuasion, and negotiation
- Willingness to take risks and openness to change.
- Industry experience in Professional Services, Healthcare, Financial Services and Telecommunications is beneficial
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- We are ranked in the top 5% of Microsoft partners based on four independent surveys.
- We have built over ten connectors for SharePoint for over twelve software firms including Atlassian, Jive, and Salesforce.
- We are a Microsoft Partner with Gold Application Development and Gold Collaboration & Content competencies.
- We are a Salesforce Product Development Partner.
- Established in 2001, we are based out of Alpharetta, Georgia (the Technology City of the South).
- All our consultants are Microsoft certified (many at the highest level), and each has an average of over ten years of Microsoft development and/or product development experience.
- We have been a part of one of the largest enterprise implementations of SharePoint (over 250K users).
- We have published books, articles, and have produced materials for Microsoft on technologies such as SharePoint, ASP.NET, C#, Office Development, and InfoPath.
- Our focus is not just technology, but also project management and effective and agile processes that ensure predictable results.