"We worked with ThreeWill on a high-visibility project with a short runway. Thanks to the organization and collaboration that ThreeWill brought to the table, we completed the project on time and under budget. ThreeWill set the gold standard for how we will run projects and drive effective cross-vendor communications going forward."Miriam Cox, Director of Employee Communication and Engagement, AMD
Top 3 High Tech and ISV Case Studies
Major global semiconductor company looking to move to a next-generation Intranet while cutting costs and streamlining content management in a multi-acquisition environment.
The two main constraints were the expiration of subscription license for legacy Intranet platform in less than 120 days and the user experience in transitioning to the new Intranet had to be as seamless as possible.
Migrate the most valuable sites and content within sites on the legacy platform to Office 365/SharePoint Online tenant. Leverage migration automation tools to both create an archive of all existing Jive content while transforming and upload key sites and related content. Identify and develop “champions” from multiple business areas to ensure the success of content migration for core business while articulating the vision for the future growth of the new platform.
- Focused on the highest value content migration completed within fixed milestone dates while providing flexible archive resource that could support post-migration project content migration as needed.
- Leveraged SharePoint modern sites and pages features in conjunction with a revised information architecture to provide a user experience that was familiar to users of the legacy platform yet promoted exploration and use of new features available in the new platform.
- Provided an intranet built on O365/SharePoint that leveraged existing Microsoft licensing and related cost reductions
- Provided an overall “big/bang” migration approach for simultaneous go live for all portions of the Intranet portal
- Migration approach combined efforts of a core project team with site owners across the enterprise to produce sites optimized for the content in specific business areas to accelerate user engagement & adoption
Founded in 1969 as a Silicon Valley start-up, the AMD journey began with dozens of employees focused on leading-edge semiconductor products. From those modest beginnings, AMD has grown into a global company of 10,000 people, achieving many important industry firsts along the way. AMD today develops high-performance computing and visualization products to solve some of the world’s toughest and most interesting challenges. There has never been a better time to be in the semiconductor industry, and we are ready to tackle the next 50 years with high-performance computing and graphics solutions that transform all of our lives. To learn more about AMD, visit www.amd.com.
AMD needed an overall strategy to leverage Office 365 while allowing the decommissioning of the current Jive instance and eliminating Jive licensing costs. The migration forms the basis for a refreshed high-value collaboration tool that AMD users can leverage in their day-to-day work tasks to improve productivity. Complete migration prior to the expiration of current Jive subscription (2 months to complete migration).
Migrate selected Places and related content from the current AMD Jive instance to the AMD Office 365/SharePoint Online tenant. Migration was completed leveraging automated migration utilities and associated consulting. This included working with Client on an overall Communication, Change Management, and Adoption effort.
- Eliminated stale and outdated Jive content
- Able to complete migration in 2 months and eliminate Jive license and support costs
- Enabled usage of a consistent UX and Search experience across the entire Intranet
- Establish an “ownership” mindset among teams to maintain relevant content on an ongoing basis
- New collaboration platform helped to drive employee engagement across the organization
- Drove adoption of new capabilities in O365 related to content presentation and collaboration
Panasonic is one of the largest product manufacturers in the world, comprised of 473 companies and employing over 260,000 people. They also own one of the world’s largest patent portfolios. And while some may still think of them merely as a consumer electronics company, they are a global provider of comprehensive solutions for businesses as well as consumers — solutions for your home, your work and when you travel.
Panasonic was using Salesforce with SpringCM for contract management and wanted to move to using SharePoint online. They were looking for a solution specific to SharePoint online and Office 365 (not other products like Box, Dropbox, etc). They found Trove on the AppExchange and needed some critical customizations to enable key workflows.
Panasonic leveraged a free product from ThreeWill called Trove. The product worked well out of the box, but they needed a couple of customizations in order for it to work with their specific scenarios. We made those customizations at a reasonable cost. In addition to that, we helped migrate the content from SpringCM to SharePoint.
Panasonic was able to save the annual reoccurring cost of the SpringCM license fee. This easily justified the cost of the project and will provide future savings as well. They also now get all the enterprise content management features that are a part of SharePoint, improving collaboration on the contracts with groups within Panasonic.