“The ThreeWill Team is like an extension to our team. They take on problems and opportunities head on and put in the hard work to be successful. They provide a fresh perspective to challenges we face. ThreeWill shines when it comes to implementation. We look forward to working with them in the future.”Karee Lang, Director, Information Technology – Fortune 50 Entertainment Company
Top 3 Media and Entertainment Case Studies
Peloton’s goal is to bring the community and excitement of boutique fitness into the home. They are an American exercise equipment and media company based in New York. Users remotely participate in spinning classes that are streamed from the company’s fitness studio.
The Peloton team needed help from an outside partner to meet aggressive deadlines in the year of their IPO.
- Peloton partnered with ThreeWill to create a scalable architecture for their music service
- ThreeWill worked as a key extension to the Peloton development team
- The services that we used were not only development but also quality assurance report as well as utilizing agile project management support
- Peloton was able to meet scalable requirements of new music service
- The project team had daily standups to make adjustments and make sure the velocity of the project remained high
- The end result was the integration of a new architecture that can support the increased workload required for the new music service
- Was able to deliver to their end users a scalable solution for their 1.4 million users
JCDecaux’s network of outdoor advertising displays is one of the largest in the global media industry. Every day, JCDecaux reaches more than 410 million people on the planet. As audiences and communication channels become more fragmented, JCDecaux stands out for its ability to combine mass media and targeted solutions. JCDecaux owes its distinctiveness to its presence in cities, transport systems, and major thoroughfares. With the global population becoming increasingly urban and mobile, their solutions become more effective with each passing year. They are now one of the most influential media networks on the global level, and one of the most flexible on the local level. To learn more about JCDecaux, visit www.jcdecaux.com.
JCDecaux needed to migrate to a new Intranet platform in an effort to increase platform stability, drive user engagement and cut costs while migrating core content from the original platform.
Microsoft 365/SharePoint online-based intranet solution that included custom site templates with metadata content tagging and categorization to support flexible content curation strategy.
- Intranet content was refreshed and existing content retired based on key criteria, including content aging
- Provided a viable intranet strategy built on O365/SharePoint that leveraged existing Microsoft licensing and related cost reductions
- Intranet positioned on a modern/continuously updated platform
- Full coverage of 10,000 user community
Global Telecom services and equipment provider to millions of consumers, businesses and other service providers in dozens of countries.
Entertainment Group responsible for managing a holistic customer communications strategy to ensure consistency, relevance, improvement of customer experience, and alignment with corporate strategic goals.
A SharePoint 2010 application was being successfully used to manage all post-sale customer communication requests. The corporate I/T team made a decision to require that all SharePoint 2010 sites/applications be migrated to a new on-premise SharePoint 2013 server farm and to eliminate SharePoint sandboxed applications.
SharePoint 2013 application that retains the same user experience, business logic and workflows but includes a modern UI and leverages new SharePoint 2013 out-of-the-box functionality, e.g., user access request process.
New application significantly outperforms the SharePoint 2010 application without requiring any retraining of users. Smaller server side application footprint with key functions now performed with client-side code. New provisioning model was implemented that more efficiently supports potential future changes in the application. Benefits achieved with zero impact to existing user experience, including content migration of existing records from the SharePoint 2010 application instance.