“Our initiative to move from Jive to SharePoint had a strong ROI business case but was complicated due to the short window for migration completion during the end of year holiday season. We needed a technology partner who could get the job done predictably in that short 6 week period. Additionally, we required the new SharePoint Intranet site to look and navigate like the legacy Jive site in order to not disrupt the field sales and service teams across the country who rely on the system daily for operations. ThreeWill not only met but exceeded our expectations in completing the migration on time and under budget!”IT Manager, Project Management Office, Large Distributor of Recreational Products
Top 3 Other Industry Case Studies
Fortune 500 corporation based in Georgia. It is a leading company in the design and manufacturing of packaging for commercial products.
On-premise SharePoint sites needed to move to Microsoft 365/SharePoint Online and SharePoint Azure destinations due to a divestiture agreement with a Fortune 500 company.
ThreeWill developed a multi-tier migration roadmap based on a site complexity scoring assessment for all sites. This migration roadmap was leveraged to develop an optimized migration plan that included both a high velocity “lift and shift” migration factory approach and customized migration approach based upon assessed site complexity levels.
The on-premise sites included a mix of SharePoint sites spanning the spectrum from simple standard sites to complex sites with heavy customizations and enterprise application integrations. The migration effort was also subject to multiple security and compliance constraints that required a multi-stage/flexible approach for sourcing site data from within the divestiture partner secure network. The migration also had to be completed within the strict timing specified in the divestiture agreement.
Automated assessment/analysis tools were utilized as a part of roadmap development as a risk mitigation mechanism to identify/avoid potential migration issues. Wave-based migration approach supported high content volumes while providing predictable migration timelines that could be synchronized with overall change management activities
- Aligned stakeholders on timing and approach for migration for all sites prior to the start of migration execution steps.
- Developed standard/repeatable pattern for the migration, where appropriate. This optimized the speed of the migration by utilizing a “factory” migration model.
- Minimized downtime of critical sites by utilizing a Delta migration capability. This also allowed site owners to perform acceptance testing prior to site go-live in the target platforms.
Lazer Spot is the industry leader in third-party yard management services. Spotting and local shuttles are their core business.
Improve the Driver Observations update process and file structure capabilities.
We were able to accomplish this by completing the following User Stories:
- Migrate all data for observations to Azure tablestorage (Design/POC)
- Implement migrating all data for observations to Azure tablestorage
- Create a new Flow workflow that is triggered off of a new Observation.
- Updates the existing dashboard code to use the new backend table storage.
- Modify the existing Nintex equipment attachment workflow to copy the attached inspection form to the fleet sites associated truck folder
- Have a truck folder structure provisioning in the fleet site, which includes creating when needed the truck folder and structure, along with providing email notification to key resources identified when the folder structure is created.
- The existing report can be updated to consume table storage data.
- Table Storage is the single source of truth and reporting for Observations data.
- Lazer Spot management all have the same view of the operational metrics.
- Inspections are stored centrally in a consistent location to support DOT audits.
- This is of great benefit to the Fleet team given Federal Government requires documents to be stored in the Truck File.
National Instruments is an American multinational company that produces automated test equipment and virtual instrumentation software. It is headquartered in Austin, Texas and its operations span internationally.
National Instruments wanted to move select Jive places and related content to their Microsoft 365 tenant.
Partnered with the client to rationalize Jive content to be migrated; utilized ThreeWill’s Jive to SharePoint migration utilities to extract, transform and load the selected content (~165,000 items) within Jive to SharePoint online.
- Project supported National Instrument’s overall strategy to move toward one content management system and eliminate Jive licensing costs.
- Implemented a solution that:
- Maintained a flat content structure – e.g. no subsites – as recommended by Microsoft,
- Utilized Microsoft’s Modern sites format versus Classic, and
- Utilized out-of-the-box Microsoft 365 capabilities, versus implementing custom functionality that would increase ongoing maintenance costs