Founded in 1969 as a Silicon Valley start-up, the AMD journey began with dozens of employees focused on leading-edge semiconductor products. From those modest beginnings, AMD has grown into a global company of 10,000 people, achieving many important industry firsts along the way. AMD today develops high-performance computing and visualization products to solve some of the world’s toughest and most interesting challenges. There has never been a better time to be in the semiconductor industry, and we are ready to tackle the next 50 years with high-performance computing and graphics solutions that transform all of our lives. To learn more about AMD, visit www.amd.com.
AMD needed an overall strategy to leverage Microsoft 365 while allowing the decommissioning of the current Jive instance and eliminating Jive licensing costs. The migration forms the basis for a refreshed high-value collaboration tool that AMD users can leverage in their day-to-day work tasks to improve productivity. Complete migration prior to the expiration of current Jive subscription (2 months to complete migration).
Migrate selected Places and related content from the current AMD Jive instance to the AMD Microsoft 365/SharePoint Online tenant. Migration was completed leveraging automated migration utilities and associated consulting. This included working with Client on an overall Communication, Change Management, and Adoption effort.
- Eliminated stale and outdated Jive content
- Able to complete migration in 2 months and eliminate Jive license and support costs
- Enabled usage of a consistent UX and Search experience across the entire Intranet
- Establish an “ownership” mindset among teams to maintain relevant content on an ongoing basis
- New collaboration platform helped to drive employee engagement across the organization
- Drove adoption of new capabilities in O365 related to content presentation and collaboration