Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling, owning, and using cars easier for everyone. With their technology, market intelligence, and products and services, Cox Automotive simplifies the trusted exchange and mobility of vehicles and maximizes value for dealers, manufacturers, and car shoppers. Cox Automotive has business units divided into five groups of child companies.
Cox Automotive decided to consolidate collaboration platforms in the Microsoft Cloud to save capital and operating expenses. They needed assistance with migrating the NextGear Capital 2013 SharePoint farm to SharePoint Online as part of their Microsoft 365 roadmap.
- Our solution drove content rationalization which in turn narrowed the migration scope
- Design and executed the migration of 33 webs
- We utilized a preexisting Disposition App which was built for earlier migrations. This was very helpful for site owners to speak up quicker about their sites
- Migrated/re-tooled existing on-premise customizations to leverage out of the box services from Microsoft 365 to meet business requirements while lowering long term TCO
- Scripts set up for regular SharePoint sites that go to Teams
- From both SharePoint regular sites to both NEW and Existing Teams SPO
- A collaborative effort with ThreeWill and CAI to ensure changes (scripts) occurred properly on the Production farms
- Handles more highly customized farms
- Saved capital and operational expenses
- Site owners were able to influence the migration by utilization of the Site Disposition App
- Inactive content left behind
- Less maintenance
- Accomplished the migration within budget and timeline given an urgency