Cooper Lighting Solutions delivers forward-thinking lighting solutions and an industry-leading portfolio of indoor and outdoor lighting, lighting controls, and smart lighting systems that improve people’s well-being while making buildings, homes, and cities smarter and more sustainable. These solutions are specifically designed to simplify and personalize lighting, solve complex business challenges, and leverage data insights to meet the unique needs of our customers. Cooper Lighting Solutions is a business unit of Signify, the world leader in lighting, and seeks to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
The Client was relying heavily on email and email attachments (Word, Excel) to notify leadership of requests for new projects and the creation of new marketing content to support the business. There was not a single source or repository for all these requests and many of these requests were being “held up” awaiting action or approval from leadership. There was no employee visibility into the number of requests, the status of a request, as well as the approvals that are still outstanding for a request.
ThreeWill was able to leverage the Power Platform within Microsoft 365 for this solution. For submission of requests by employees, a Project Intake Request Form and Strategic Marketing Request Form were created using a Power App canvas application. Power Automate was then used for the following process automation:
- Generate and e-mail a PDF copy of the request to the currently logged in user
- Route the request and assign it to the appropriate user(s) for disposition
- Notify appropriate users when a new question or comment is added
- Notify appropriate users when request status changes
The key business benefits resulting from this new solution are listed below.
- A single repository of all project and marketing requests
- A fully automated approval and notification process
- Visibility into the approval status and details for every request submitted
- Improved efficiency in acting upon a new project and marketing requests submitted by employees
- Improved employee satisfaction and engagement with submission and processing of these requests