Global Consulting Services firm focused on services areas including customer experience, performance improvement, technology and digital and transformation.
Through consolidation and acquisitions, there were many SharePoint based intranet portals and no consistent user experience or taxonomy. Searching for the best of breed content and knowledge leaders on specific services and industries was difficult. Additionally, the portals were not optimized for a mobile workforce.
A highly customized and mobile responsive SharePoint 2013 Intranet Portal with the following key features.
- Simple and clean user interface with custom branding including support for mobile responsive.
- Cohesive navigation experience across all site collections that aligns with corporate taxonomy for service lines, industries, capabilities, and office locations.
- Personalized subscription and targeting features for alerts, news, announcements, and featured content.
- Unified upload experience for best practice and project assets available anywhere with back-end routing to appropriate destination document libraries.
- Highly customized user profile with integrations with 3rd party systems for such as skills and projects.
- Customize search experience for users and content filterable based on the corporate taxonomy.
The resulting intranet portal was highly suited to the mobile workforce so it was accessible anywhere and at any time via mobile, tablets, and laptops. Through the consistent application of a corporate taxonomy and metadata, users are able to tag content and then navigate to or search for content in an easy and understandable way. Finally, using the personalization features users are only pushed content that matters to them based on their preferences.