Danny serves as Vice President of Marketing at ThreeWill. His primary responsibilities are to make sure that we are building partnerships with the right clients and getting out the message about how we can help clients.
We’ve been doing a lot of ROM Estimates for Jive to Microsoft costs for clients for budgeting purposes. Since we’ve been getting this question a lot (budgeting for Jive Migrations in 2018), I worked with Bruce Harple and Kirk Liemohn (our Migrations Practice Lead) to come up with some rules of thumb for creating ROM budgets for migrations (see below).
Typical Costs for a Jive Migration
- Small – 9.5K workshop plus 30 to 50K implementation
- Medium – 9.5K workshop plus 50 to 150K implementation
- Large – 9.5K workshop plus 150K to 500K implementation
- XL – 9.5K workshop plus 500K+ implementation
Typical Characteristics of a Jive Migration
- Small – Fewer than 500 places (spaces, groups, and blogs), no new content types and no new destination types for content
- Medium – 500 – 5000 places, no new content types and no new destination types for content
- Large – 1000 to 15,000 places, target 1-5 additional content types/destination types
- XL – 2,000 to 30,000+ places, target 5-10 additional content types/destination types
Please note –
- Implementation costs will be refined after we do the workshop to provide a more accurate estimate.
- The workshop will also review what Jive content types are currently supported and how they are migrated to SharePoint or Office 365.
- For more details, please see https://threewill.com/services/jive-to-sharepoint-migrations/#faq
Let me know what questions you have in the comments below.
A full eBook on Jive to Microsoft Migrations will be released later this year – let us know you’d like to be notified when it’s released by joining this list.