The core focus of ThreeWill is to “help employees thrive using Microsoft technologies.” In particular, our 10-year target is to help 1MM employees thrive by improving their digital collaboration, communication, and automation in the Microsoft Cloud.
As we carry out this vision, we highly depend on a healthy company culture that is based on the shared core values of Better Together, Extreme Ownership, Choose Growth, and Humble Confidence. These values are the basis of our actions, and they serve as the guiding principles for decision-making at ThreeWill.
The Associate Software Engineer is responsible for implementation efforts on client engagements including the development and delivery of client solutions by estimating, planning, designing, and testing custom software applications built on Microsoft technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Executes and completes assigned projects within the constraints of time, scope, and budget for the project.
- Understands, analyzes, and documents client technical environments and business requirements.
- Exercises creativity and resourcefulness in solving technical problems in a way that maximizes client value.
- Practices solid software engineering disciplines (e.g. Test Driven Development, Configuration Management, and Coding Practices).
- Revises ThreeWill methodology standards with new and improved practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Portrays the company in a positive image.
- Required to abide by all rules, regulations, and policies of the employer.
- Shares knowledge with others internally (e.g. updates to ThreeWill knowledge repositories, internal/external presentations, and postings to public blogs).
- Ability to write technical articles that are published on ThreeWill sites and/or for technical publications.
- Software Engineering
- Development Tools: VS.NET, VSTO, SharePoint Designer*
- Application Types: Portals, ASP.NET, WinForms, Groove, Office Add-ins and Custom Tasks*
- System Services and Protocols: Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) 3.0, Windows Workflow Foundation, .NET Framework, Web Services, ADO.NET, ActiveX, HTTP, TCP/IP, SMTP*
- Server Products: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007, Internet Information Server, SQL Server (Analysis Services, Reporting Services, Integration Services)*
- Software Development Process: Scrum, XP, FDD, User Stories, MSF for Agile*
*Experience with one or more
Other Beneficial Skills/ Certifications:
- http://www.microsoft.com – (MCPD, MCP, MCDBA, MCSD, MCSE, MCAD, MOS)
- http://www.pmi.org – (PMP, CAPM)
- Ability to work independently with customers, proactive, self-starter, and self-managed.
- Solicitation and elicitation of customer needs and requirements.
- Selling, persuasion, and negotiation.
- Familiar with Software Development Methodologies.
- Industry experience in Professional Services, Healthcare, Financial Services and Telecommunications is beneficial.
This job has no immediate personnel supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this Job Description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, or equivalent and 1-3 years of proven experience in the analysis, design, construction and delivery of custom software-based solutions. Alternatively, an equivalent combination of various education and experience may be acceptable.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds maximum, at times.
- Be able to stand for prolonged periods of time, bend, kneel, squat, and twist.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Position may require some travel, up to 20%, including overnight stays and quarterly in-person team events.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Employment at ThreeWill is and shall continue to be at-will, as defined under applicable law. Employment with ThreeWill may be terminated by either party at any time for any or no reason.