The Senior Consultant is responsible for leadership in client engagements, along with improving project practices and supporting business development activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Makes every effort possible to execute and complete assigned projects within the constraints of time, scope, and budget for the project
- Exercises creativity and resourcefulness in meeting client needs (including prototypes and proof of concepts that best fit the client’s needs)
- Obtains an understanding of the client’s business processes (modifying and developing new processes required to support the adoption and use of the software developed for the client)
- In some cases, responsible for reporting to the client and ThreeWill consulting management the status of the project during the engagement (accomplishments, plans, and risk mitigation)
- In some cases, leads in the preparation of their assigned engagements (i.e. setting up the project for success)
- Understands, applies, and supports the proper use of ThreeWill methodology standards
- Educates customers on the value of ThreeWill methodology standards and what their role is in the processes that ensure a successful project
- Revises ThreeWill methodology standards with new and improved practices
- In some cases, responsible for ensuring that the team captures knowledge of the engagement for future use on ThreeWill projects to increase the quality and value of future engagements
- Supports opportunity identification and development in existing accounts
- Supports key Business Development events (e.g. speakers at seminars and conferences)
- Assists and makes recommendations for client account planning with the following:
- Prepares and delivers presentations, proposals, and project approaches
- Estimation and work breakdown structure for work orders
- Other responsibilities include:
- In some cases, assists in recruitment, which includes drawing upon relationships and experience to recommend qualified candidates, interviewing candidates, and preparing hiring recommendations
- Represents ThreeWill values to other associates and clients (see http://www.threewill.com/People for ThreeWill value statement)
- Shares knowledge with others (e.g. updates to ThreeWill knowledge repositories, internal/external presentations, and postings to public blogs)
- Ability to write technical articles that are published on ThreeWill sites and/or for technical publications
Experience with one or more of each of the following areas:
- Programming / Markup Languages:
- Development Tools:
- VS.NET, VSTO, SharePoint Designer
- Application Types:
- Portals, ASP.NET, WinForms, Groove, Office Add-ins and Custom Tasks
- System Services and Protocols:
- Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) 3.0, Windows Workflow Foundation, .NET Framework, Web Services, ADO.NET, ActiveX, HTTP, TCP/IP, SMTP
- Server Products:
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007, Internet Information Server, SQL Server (Analysis Services, Reporting Services, Integration Services)
- Software Development Process:
- Scrum, XP, FDD, User Stories, MSF for Agile
Other Beneficial Skills/Certifications:
- http://www.microsoft.com – (MCPD, MCP, MCDBA, MCSD, MCSE, MCAD, MOS)
- http://www.pmi.org – (PMP, CAPM)
- Understanding of Business Process Management and Application Integration
- Ability to work independently with clients, proactive, self-starter, and self-managed
- Solicitation and elicitation of client needs and requirements
- Excellent selling, persuasion, and negotiation skills
- Project Management and Software Development Methodologies
- Industry experience in Professional Services, Healthcare, Financial Services, and Telecommunications is beneficial
This job has no immediate personnel supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this Job Description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or equivalent and three to seven years of relevant project experience is required. Alternatively, an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds maximum, at times.
- Be able to stand for prolonged periods of time, bend, kneel, squat, and twist.
- Position may require some travel, up to 20%, including overnight stays and quarterly in-person team events.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Employment at ThreeWill is and shall continue to be at-will, as defined under applicable law. Employment with ThreeWill may be terminated by either party at any time for any or no reason.