A national financial advisory firm with over $1.5 billion under management that specializes in the timberland investment sector.
A key component of the firm’s competitive advantage relied on a highly integrated business model that involved team members from all levels of the company organized around specific portfolios. Improving collaboration around these portfolios as well as tight integration with supporting functions was viewed as an imperative to maintaining the firm’s unique market leadership position. The leadership team targeted a digital transformation initiative, leveraging modern collaboration technologies available in Microsoft 365, as a primary mechanism for improving collaboration. Achieving this outcome was going to require high levels of user adoption for the new technologies being implemented across a diverse set of user personas, including office workers, light & heavy mobile workers and frequently disconnected workers that would be relatively new to a cloud-based highly collaborative technology environment.
ThreeWill worked with the firm to develop and execute an integrated strategy for technology implementation and user adoption of a Microsoft SharePoint Online-based portfolio management portal integrated with Microsoft Teams.
- Eliminated ambiguous document storage processes and streamlined role-based user access to a single source of truth documents
- Improved ability of portfolio team members at all levels to quickly access key status information
- Provided governance, version control, and co-authoring capabilities for portfolio documents
- Eliminated reliance on multiple confusing email threads for process collaboration
- Leveraged formal adoption strategy based on key business use cases and communication, training & reinforcement plans tailored to specific user personas/groups
- Included ability to measure realized user adoption benefits for initial project results as well as ongoing health checks
- Integrated technology project management activities with organization change management activities to deliver just-in-time user awareness and training
- Provided a multichannel training/adoption approach leveraging early adopter/champion and mentoring programs along with virtual, in-person and on-demand training opportunities