Global Telecom services and equipment provider to millions of consumers, businesses, and other service providers in dozens of countries.
Determination of the cost and if the existing Market Development Funds Angular application could be migrated to a modernized SPFx SharePoint Online platform. It was also important to understand if we could effectively estimate the requirements for outstanding stories around the Process Flow, Funding, and Reporting.
A Proof of Concept was executed that took the existing Angular application and updated it to be able to run within the SharePoint Online framework. We also provided a detailed backlog of the cost to migrate the application ‘as-is’ into SPO including the limitations of staying with the Angular technology. In addition, a skeleton React application within an SPO web part was created. One section of the MDF form was rendered during the POC, which provided a detailed backlog of the cost to completely rewrite the application in React.
- Provisioned an O365 site with enough of the Market Development Funds lists and libraries to be able to convert and run the Angular App in the Modern experience.
- Provisioned an O365 site to show that we can convert the form to a React app that will work in the Modern experience.
- Worked with the Client to get clarification on the Process Flow.
- Worked with the Client to get clarification on the Funding requirements.
- Worked with the Client to get clearer requirements on OEM Market Development Funds Reporting.
- Provided Client a Product Backlog and estimate for migrating Market Development Funds to SPO, keeping the current application in the Angular technology.
- Provided Client a Product Backlog, and estimate for migrating Market Development Funds to SPO, updating and rewriting the application using the supported React technology.
- Aided in the determination of whether to proceed with migrating the application ‘as-is’ in Angular or convert it to a React application.
- Identified targeted timeline and estimated budget for proceeding with the Market Development Funds Modernization implementation.