Large global media and entertainment company operating in 200 countries in 30 languages.
The customer had a legacy mature implementation of SharePoint 2010 on-premises. A Strategic decision to move to O365/SharePoint Online was made. This created a need for a hybrid implementation.
Ensuring a rich user experience required two key areas to be addressed for the hybrid environment: profile synchronization and search. To maintain a consistent user profile, ThreeWill built a custom profile synchronization application and profile page redirector. For Search, Online and On-Prem were federated taking into account authentication, redirects, refiners, security trimming, and result blocks.
- Significant software license savings via leverage of Microsoft Web Apps
- Legacy content maintained while eliminating migration fees
- Rich, consistent user experience regardless if Online or On-Prem
- Faster time to production
- Reduced administration and support costs