Why should you modernize your legacy applications?
Modernization is about taking the DNA, of the original software, and modernizing it to better serve organizational needs. Application modernization boosts innovation because it allows the company to focus on new ideas, processes, and workflows.
Legacy applications are often monolithic, making them difficult to support, update, scale, or access using mobile devices. They can also lead to inaccessible data silos, weakening your decision-making process and cutting you off from valuable data insights. Taking advantage of new cloud technologies helps your organization stay competitive in the marketplace.
Key Benefits of Application Modernization
Most businesses have significant financial and operational investments in their application portfolio. Modernization is an opportunity to increase the benefit of your existing solutions, by leveraging innovation in the cloud. It also leads to rethinking, updating, and improving business processes.
ThreeWill’s application modernization strategy will help your organization increase the speed, scalability, and stability of your business operations. This reduces the resources and costs needed to run an application while delivering new business value. Taking your legacy applications to a whole new level allows your company to take advantage of new, innovative technologies.
- Transform, migrate, and modernize your digital estate.
- Consolidate collaboration and communication platforms in the Microsoft cloud.
- Move on-prem legacy client-server applications to browser-based solutions like Microsoft 365 or Azure.
- Leverage a modern user experience by shifting on-prem SharePoint applications to Microsoft 365.
- Integrate applications into a single user experience.
- Eliminate context switching and multiple application logins.
- Establish a Governance Framework with template implementation and automated provisioning.
- Create a consistent user experience across organizational, geographic, and team boundaries.
- Accelerate development and improve time to market with new products, services, or capabilities.
- Enable business users to proactively participate in innovation.
- Empower new ideas, workflows, and processes that deliver added value to customers.
- Provide an interactive mobile user experience to improve performance and collaboration.
The Modernization Journey
Modernization keeps your applications relevant, ensuring they can keep up with users’ needs. An Application Modernization Discovery, Assessment, and Planning effort is the first step in modernizing your legacy applications.
There are a number of options for modernizing your application portfolio, and this helps to assess the overall scope and complexity of your digital estate and to provide an overall modernization roadmap.
Options for each application include:
- Leave as-is: Also known as “lift and shift,” this process moves your existing application from a legacy environment to new, modern infrastructure (such as a cloud platform). Little to no changes are made to the application’s underlying architecture or code.
- Modernize: This approach essentially restructures the legacy application so it runs efficiently in a new environment. Legacy systems are often modernized incrementally to reduce operational risk. Modernizing includes restructuring the existing code base and rewriting code.
- Replace or retire: Business applications sometimes outlive their value to the organization, especially went their functionality is duplicated by other solutions. Retirement removes legacy applications from use but retains access to the application’s data. Legacy data can be stored while mission-critical information is migrated to the new application.
No two organizations have the same application portfolios, so there is no one-size-fits-all roadmap for modernization. ThreeWill works with your organization to review existing requirements and identify the most critical needs. Take the first step to a successful migration journey. Get started with a free, no-obligation service estimate.
“The ThreeWill agile process gets results quickly, without the need for gathering all the requirements up front. As needs change, so can the ThreeWill team.”
Kimberly EubankExecutive Director - Customer Experience at Fortune 50 Telecommunications Company
“ThreeWill came in with the understanding that we did not have any expertise in SharePoint or resources to put extensive requirement documents together. They came in and took the role of Project Manager, BA and developer and worked with our elections team and implemented an outstanding solution and did it in less time than projected and stayed in cost. They are probably one of the best vendors that I’ve worked with in quite a while.”
Merritt BeaverCIO - Office of Georgia Secretary of State
“I am confident in ThreeWill's ability to help me succeed. More than just successfully delivering on a project but ensuring that the design and implementation are the correct cultural fit. Other reasons: listening, assessing, recommending, listening, considering, adapting, implementing, and sustaining,”
Christopher ElwellDirector, Timberland Investment Resources
“ThreeWill helped us extend Trove to meet our custom needs. They helped us avoid costs for an existing subscription by connecting up Salesforce with SharePoint. Working with Eric was great - I appreciated the status updates and the burndown chart for understanding our budget. I also enjoyed the weekly meetings to update me on the status of the project. I was able to save tens of thousands of dollars a year because of this project.”
Ellen HuntIT Business Partner, Panasonic USA