Lead Developer – Enhancements to Existing Angular Application
- Engaging with business users to turn verbal descriptions for a newly requested form into Agile friendly user stories and acceptance criteria for the development team.
- Understanding existing architecture and design patterns for an unfamiliar Angular application.
- Combining understanding of user stories and existing application to design UI for new form and communicate design implications to development team.
- Assigning and monitoring sprint tasks for development team to ensure delivery of product stayed on schedule and budget.
Developer – UX Redesign for Automotive Services Website
- Designing and implementing a complete rewrite of an automotive services web application.
- Replacing existing ASP.NET Web forms-based UX with an ASP.NET MVC5 application
- Using AngularJS & Web API 2.0 REST services to deliver front-end content
- Using Bootstrap, Angular-UI, and Razor to provide a responsive presentation to end user
- Communicating with a MongoDB back-end via a custom service bus
Developer – SharePoint Online and Azure Onboarding Portal
- Developer for a cloud based onboarding solution that requires about 15 hiring managers to review around 2400 applicants and then hire and terminate over 800 seasonal employees a year.
- Design involved Azure for external (applicant / seasonal employee) access and SharePoint Online for internal (hiring manager / HR) access.
- The SharePoint Provider Hosted App included:
- Custom list and views that were synced between SharePoint and the Azure database.
- A custom SharePoint state machine workflow for handling time-based events.
- Custom SharePoint ribbon buttons for performing bulk actions on applicants and seasonal employees.
- CORS REST calls to Azure.
- The Azure application included:
- Azure Web Sites and Azure Databases.
- SendGrid Azure add-on for sending emails (including mass emails).
- An App Installed remote event receiver for setting up SharePoint list security.
- A custom database-driven state machine workflow.
- Integration with a third party talent scoring agency.
- Responsive (mobile first) MVC 5 with Razor forms and Bootstrap.
- Entity Framework 6 code-first.
Consultant – SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2013 Migration
- Developed migration path for a content database migration from a WSS 3.0 Farm to a SharePoint 2013 Foundation farm.
- Executed several iterations of the migration to better refine process
Developer – SharePoint Social Media WebPart
- Worked as a member of an international team.
- Developed a web part that displayed a social feed inside a SharePoint 2010 custom web part
- Allowed users a near 1:1 feature comparison as the actual web site.
Developer – Marketing Funds Application for a Large Telecommunications Company
- Created custom feature event receivers to create OEM specific subfolders in a document library.
- Created custom list item event receivers to add or update items in a separate corresponding list.
- Created custom HTML reports based on CAML generated XML using XSLT.
Consultant – SharePoint Site Migration for a Large Energy Management Company
- Created and configured new site collection based on a custom site template.
- Migrated existing site collection from a development environment to a production environment.
- Helped to resolve Kerberos security issues that arose due to the migrated site using different Service Accounts from what was permitted on the production server.
- Installed and configured PowerPivot for SharePoint 2010.
Developer – Post Sales Communications for a Large Telecommunications Company
- Defined and created multiple site columns, content types, and list instances.
- Dynamically created site pages that used a WebPart to display requests based on specific list views.
- Created a custom attachment feature that was used on a custom WebPart.
Developer – Automated Enrollment System for a Large Energy Management Company
- Created a series of Microsoft SQL Server SSIS packages that automatically enrolled customers into the system once the information was provided.
- Developed a separate SSIS package to withdraw customers defined as ineligible based on certain criteria.
- Created stored procedures to automatically detect changes and update stored customer information.
Southern Polytechnic State University, Marietta GA; Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering
Certifications & Exams
- Microsoft Certified Professional (January 2019)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate: Web Applications Charter Member (March 2019)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer: App Builder (April 2019)
- Exam 70-486: Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications
- Exam 70-487: Developing Microsoft Azure and Web Services
Visual Studio, Azure, PowerShell, Github, SQL Server, SharePoint Designer, Microsoft InfoPath 2010, Subversion (TortoiseSVN), Team Foundation Server.
Software Development Lifecycle, Agile/SCRUM, Microsoft Solutions Framework, Object Oriented Programming, Test Driven Development, “Blackbox” Testing, “Whitebox” Testing, Boundary Testing.