Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned) :
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Provides support and guidance to management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, to include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Partners with departmental managers to create learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Ensures constructive and timely performance evaluations are completed.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommends best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the HR department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Portrays the company in a positive image.
- Required to abide by all rules, regulations and policies of the employer.
- Evaluates, selects and manages outsourced HR vendors and contracts.
- Ensure that user-needs and business requirements are translated into features and functionality of employee facing interfaces.
- Oversees employee data management processes to ensure that data is secure and maintained consistent with company policies and privacy regulations and that required reporting and filings are delivered.
- Ensures that department goals are met and adheres to company budgets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent people skills and strong work ethic
- A flexible approach that enables the individual to work effectively in a dynamic, evolving work environment
- Solid organizational and project management skills
- Hands-on experience with candidate sourcing, interviewing and evaluation
- Hands-on experience with employee onboarding, “in-boarding”, and exit interviewing
- Hands-on experience managing the delivery of employee development programs
- Ability to collect, gather, and analyze data and present concise actionable results to support company growth
- Functional command of Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Office proficiency including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Other Beneficial Skills/Certifications:
- Minimum of three years of human resource management experience preferred
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems
This job has no immediate personnel supervisory responsibilities. The position has the opportunity to grow into Director of HR that could include supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this Job Description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in human resources, business, education, communications or a related field and minimum of 5 years of experience or equivalent experience required. Alternatively, equivalent combination of various education and experience may be acceptable.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
- Corporate office – Alpharetta, GA (remote options available)
- Position may require some travel including overnight stays