Major global semiconductor company looking to move to a next-generation Intranet while cutting costs and streamlining content management in a multi-acquisition environment.
The two main constraints were the expiration of subscription license for legacy Intranet platform in less than 120 days and the user experience in transitioning to the new Intranet had to be as seamless as possible.
Migrate the most valuable sites and content within sites on the legacy platform to Microsoft 365/SharePoint Online tenant. Leverage migration automation tools to both create an archive of all existing Jive content while transforming and upload key sites and related content. Identify and develop “champions” from multiple business areas to ensure the success of content migration for core business while articulating the vision for the future growth of the new platform.
- Focused on the highest value content migration completed within fixed milestone dates while providing flexible archive resource that could support post-migration project content migration as needed.
- Leveraged SharePoint modern sites and pages features in conjunction with a revised information architecture to provide a user experience that was familiar to users of the legacy platform yet promoted exploration and use of new features available in the new platform.
- Provided an intranet built on O365/SharePoint that leveraged existing Microsoft licensing and related cost reductions
- Provided an overall “big/bang” migration approach for simultaneous go live for all portions of the Intranet portal
- Migration approach combined efforts of a core project team with site owners across the enterprise to produce sites optimized for the content in specific business areas to accelerate user engagement & adoption