Global provider of cloud-based human capital management (HCM) solutions that unite HR, payroll, talent, time, tax and benefits administration, and a leader in business outsourcing services, analytics, and compliance expertise. Their unmatched experience, deep insights, and cutting-edge technology have transformed human resources from a back-office administrative function to a strategic business advantage.
Replacement of a legacy Knowledge Base system utilized by both internal stakeholders and customers.
The replacement effort also needed to provide a solution with multiple new features to support new business requirements due to expanding use and competitive pressures. This Knowledge Base was the primary tool used by the customer support call center to provide “source of truth” information to customers and customer employees concerning employee policies and benefits. Security and segregation of customer data was a key requirement and mission-critical and core to their business.
Based on extensive feature and process reviews with users of the legacy system, ThreeWill designed and developed a SharePoint-based knowledge management solution. ThreeWill also worked with the customer’s knowledge management leadership team to develop and manage a process for knowledge content refresh/clean-up and training for knowledge engineers on content creation best practices/style guidelines as part of the new solution.
- Developed a more uniform style which was more accurate, consistent, and searchable based on refreshed information architecture/taxonomy, custom SharePoint content types and associated metadata tagging
- Created new content added to the system which had better adherence to style and metadata guidelines based on the new content authoring style guide and associated training for content authors
- Reduced inaccurate responses provided to callers by customer support representatives (CSRs) via preselection of metadata search settings based on CSR profile
- Improved quality of knowledge content and related search results due to automated workflows related to publishing and sunset of knowledgebase articles
- Deployed global and/or customer-specific alert messages to CSRs faster
- Improved searching/filtering experience supporting synonyms, acronyms, keywords, automated search suggestions, taxonomy-based searches and “hover-over” content pop-ups in search results.
- Developed the ability to promote articles as highly relevant
- Implemented multi-language support
- Created a decision-tree feature that supports structured Q&A searches for common questions